Wednesday, June 6, 2012


Late Train

The train was an hour late.

I ended up going just outside of the station and playing my guitar…in the rain. There was a precipice giving me a few feet of relative dryness, but it felt really nice to be outside.

After a few songs someone joined me, sitting about twenty feet away, and gave me a few dollars. I kept playing for about half and hour. After I had finished I made my way back towards the waiting area of the station, passing by the man who had given me the tip. 

As I passed he thanked me for playing and told me it was what he needed. He had cried. I shook his hand and asked him if he was a Believer. He said “Yes” and began to tell me some of his story. He was in a lot of pain over leaving Montana. I sat next to him and listened, the rain still falling a few inches from our feet. As he spoke I thanked God for leading me and blessing this man through me. His name was Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment