Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Perfect Timing

When I returned in January I didn't have a car, so I was biking everywhere (and really enjoying it by the way : ). I was seriously praying about buying a car though. One Sunday a guy came up to me and said he wanted to get together.  That next Saturday I sat there and listened to him tell me that two days before he was unexpectedly offered a new job, he accepted it, he would be moving in three weeks, and he was getting a new car (basically his whole life changed). He then told me "Last night God put on my heart to just give my car away to someone." I sat there thinking to myself, "No way God. No way." 

I asked him if God put anyone on his heart. He said, "I have no idea." I told him my situation and that he shouldn't feel obligated to give me his car, but to give it to whoever God puts on his heart. The next day, Sunday, he said, "Joel. We need to talk. God confirmed it last night as I was praying. The car is yours." I couldn't believe it.


No comments:

Post a Comment