Friday, February 17, 2012


Riding my bike allows me to move more slowly in life and enjoy seeing things I normally wouldn't, like a line of little children paying no attention to their teacher's request to jump "over" the puddle instead of in it, a high school boy hitting a girl with a snowball, or several people walking their dogs.  These little things bring me a lot of joy.






One morning
I rode
my bike to
the lake area
and saw this
fishing
boat
resting by
the dock.
It looked so peaceful.



On Valentines Day
I was given this
little owl created
by a woman who
goes to my church.
Probable the best
Valentines candy I have
ever seen in my life.


I was at Salvation Army
the other day
and found
this one piece
snow suit.
 I didn't buy it,
but I had to
try it on
for fun.
It almost fit.



I go for walks every
now and again
around the block
when I need a break.
One particular day
I saw this really
cool shadow cast on
the side of a church.

Since I have arrived
in Sheboygan
I have been
unbeatable at
Scrabble,
except for a friend's
grandma.
She and I
are now one for
one.  We need a
tie breaker  : )


In January I participated in a 21-day
Daniel fast - also known as a Vegan
fast. Most of the church community
was involved (fasting in various ways).
It was meant to encourage a deeper
dedication to God and to help form
better habits and vision as we enter into
the year 2012.  It definitely did the job.
 

There was construction planned
to be happening in my first home,
and since I'm going to be here at least
until June we decided it best for me to
move to a new home.  Luckily I was
invited to move in with a great couple
who has already had three boys, and lives
in the same area just a few blocks away.


I am getting to know the new
neighbors just a bit.  Here's
one of them hanging out
in the front yard.  He doesn't
like to be around people
very much, but I do see him
more regularly than the other
neighbors.



I have been teaching
five Inductive Bible
Study classes over
the past six weeks
or so.  Thought I'd show you
the classroom and
at least some
of the students.


They all leave
with a whole new
perspective on the
Bible and
hungry to dig
deeper into it.
It's been fun to
teach these classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment